Select Menu

Random Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Your Leading Resource For Meditation

Rajasthan Royal

you may like it

Circle Gallery

" });

Virat kohli

south africa

HipHop

Advertisment

» » » » Brad Haddin retirement from test cricket

Australian wicket-keeper Brad Haddin announced his retirement from Test cricket on Wednesday bringing the curtains down on a decorated international career. Haddin, who missed the second Ashes Test at Lord's due to personal reasons, could not reclaim his spot from gloveman Peter Nevill for the subsequent games as Australia conceded the Urn after a 3-2 series defeat. He becomes the fifth Australian player to retire in this Ashes summer after Ryan Harris, Michael Clarke, Chris Rogers, and Shane Watson.
 Haddin, 37, made his Test debut at Kingston, Jamaica in 2008 having spent nearly a decade as understudy to legendary keeper-batsman Adam Gilchrist. In 66 Tests, he amassed 3266 runs at 32.98 including four centuries. As wicket-keeper, he effected 270 dismissals, putting him fourth on the list of Australia's leading wicket-keepers and behind only Adam Gilchrist (416), Ian Healy (395) and Rod Marsh (355). Haddin became a vital cog in the Australian setup in the second decade of the millennium enjoying a particularly stellar Ashes campaign at home in 2013-14. He chalked up 493 runs at 61.62 including one century and five fifties from his batting position in the lower middle-order as Australia completed a 5-0 whitewash. His feats in 2013-14 were particularly noteworthy as they came in the tumultuous aftermath of his walking out of the 2012 tour of West Indies to tend to his ailing daughter.
Post his prolific run in Ashes, Haddin's form nosedived and the veteran stumper averaged only 15.24 in 12 subsequent Tests forcing Darren Lehmann and the national selectors into giving his young deputy Nevill a go in the 2015 Ashes. The Australian team management's decision not to reinstate Haddin in the side for the third Ashes Test drew considerable flak from former cricketers and the media. But Haddin, who had taken the decision to put family above self, said he had no regrets with the way his career ended.
"I'm no different to any other parent in Australia. Everyone puts their family first and I have no regrets about doing that," Haddin told reporters while announcing his retirement. "To me, it wasn't a choice. I remember saying to Karina (wife) at the hospital that I'll never play again. I'd put myself in a position where I was vulnerable because I walked away. I could live with that because I was needed somewhere else and it was a place that was far more important for me.
My family needed me at that time and the reality is I was unable to take the field for Australia with the 100% focus I needed. I understood the consequences that went with my decision. I put myself in a position to lose my spot and I don't regret that, not one bit. I wouldn't change one thing because I don't regret one thing that happened. During my whole career I've tried to get better every day and that ... killer... that competitive edge is gone. I don't have that willingness to keep fighting and now is the perfect time to retire. I've just had enough. I've had a great run and it's time to let someone else do it.
"People say you know when it's 'time' and when you're young you laugh at the older guys who say that but it's true, you do know. Enough is enough."
Cricket Australia Chief James Sutherland led the tributes to the outgoing veteran. "Brad was a vital player during an important period in Australian cricket," Sutherland said. "His tenacity with bat and gloves was matched with an unflinching will to win which made him the foundation of a changing team. His strong performances and positive influence on the team were all the more remarkable given he was dealing with the serious illness suffered by his daughter Mia.


"He showed true leadership at the most difficult of times and proved a loyal deputy to Michael Clarke when appointed vice-captain from the 2013 Ashes series. Brad can be enormously proud of his contribution to Australian cricket on and off the field," Sutherland added.

About Unknown

I am satyendra.I am the founder of CRICKET SPORTS NEWS.
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

No comments

Leave a Reply